SCSD HomeClick here for COVID-19 response information.
Court Seal, Superior Court of California, County of San Diego

Civil HomeCivil Home  
ADR (Alternatives to Trial)ADR (Alternatives to Trial)  
Civil ImagingCivil Imaging  
Civil E-FilingCivil E-Filing  
JCCP CasesJCCP Cases  
Minor's CompromiseMinor's Compromise  
Schedule Ex Parte & MotionSchedule Ex Parte & Motion  
Where to FileWhere to File  
Construction Defect CasesConstruction Defect Cases  
Harassment Restraining OrderHarassment Restraining Order  
Civil Restraining Order Virtual HearingsCivil Restraining Order Virtual Hearings  
     (NOT Domestic Violence)
Limited Civil Virtual HearingsLimited Civil Virtual Hearings  
Civil Independent Calendar Virtual HearingsCivil Independent Calendar Virtual Hearings  
Unlawful Detainer Virtual HearingsUnlawful Detainer Virtual Hearings  
Small Claims Virtual HearingsSmall Claims Virtual Hearings  
Small Claims Trial De Novo Virtual HearingsSmall Claims Trial De Novo Virtual Hearings  
     (Small Claims Appeals)
Landlord / Tenant Landlord / Tenant  
Name or Gender ChangeName or Gender Change  
Small ClaimsSmall Claims  

Hall of Justice
Superior Court of California - County of San Diego: Civil: Minor's Compromise
View a Case File Calendar Tentative Rulings Forms FAQs  Reserve a Civil Motion Date
Procedures for Minor's Compromise (Agreement)

  • A petition for approval of compromise of claim of minor or adult person with a disability is filed when parties have agreed to settle a claim. The petition is filed to allow the Court to oversee the disposition and disbursement of the funds. This may include establishing a blocked account on behalf of the minor or adult person with a disability.

  • A petition for approval of compromise claims may be filed in a limited civil case only if an action is already pending in that case. Otherwise, the petition must be filed as an unlimited civil petition. Any petition meeting the requirements of California Rules of Court, rule 7.950.5(a) will proceed in an expedited manner pursuant to California Rules of Court, rule 7.950.5(b) and (c). In all other circumstances, the petition must be filed and set for hearing in the department designated by the presiding or supervising department unless the case has been assigned to a judge or independent calendar department, in which case the petition must be filed and heard in that department. The person compromising the claim on behalf of the minor and the minor must be in attendance at the hearing of the petition, unless the court orders otherwise. (Local Rule of Court 2.4.6B)

  • Rules regarding petitions for minor's compromise procedures are governed by Local Rule of Court 2.4.6 and Probate Code Section 3600.

  • For petitions for approval of minor's compromises, partial withdrawal of funds, withdrawal of funds upon reaching the age of majority, and requests to transfer funds, call the Department's Clerk (phone numbers listed below) for instructions.

  • All Petitions and Orders must be submitted to the Civil Business Office prior to the hearing date.  For a list of Petitions and Orders, click here. If a hearing is set, the business office will collect a filing fee.

Scheduling a Minor's Compromise Hearing

To schedule a hearing, call the numbers listed below.

Location of Case Department/Phone Number
Dept. 2103: (619) 844-2213
  • Petitions for Approval of Minor's Compromise.
    Click the following link to view the Procedures for Matters Related to Minor's Compromises.

  • Petitions to withdraw partial funds or all funds upon reaching age of majority.
    Click the following links to view the Instructions for Withdrawing Funds Once the Minor Reaches Age 18 (Age of Majority) and Instructions for Withdrawing Funds of a Minor Before Minor Reaches the Age of Majority
  • North County
    Dept. 25: (760) 201-8025

    HelpSite MapUse/Privacy Policy

    © 2020 Court Information Technology
    Superior Court of California, County of San Diego