There are two primary kinds of cases heard at Juvenile Court:
- In Juvenile Justice (delinquency) cases, a youth is charged with an offense.
- Dependency cases involve allegations of child abuse and neglect.
The Juvenile Court also handles:
- A child's application for permission to marry or establish a domestic partnership
Juvenile Court matters are confidential and not open to the public. Because of the confidentiality of Juvenile Court records, specific case information may not be disclosed over the phone. Please refer to the Accessing Court Records page for information on viewing and copying records.
See the Language Access page for information about requesting an interpreter.
Other agencies that work with the Juvenile Court include:
- Probation Department
- Health and Human Services Agency
- District Attorney's Office
- Public Defender's Office
- Alternate Public Defender's Office
- County Counsel
- Voices for Children
- Juvenile Justice Commission
- Law enforcement agencies
- Children's Legal Services of San Diego
- Dependency Legal Services of San Diego