Where you go for court services may depend on one or more of the following considerations:
- Where you live (for example, in which court area or jurisdiction you live)
- Where the legal issue occurred (for example, in which court area or jurisdiction it happened)
- Where the court provides the services you need
Adoption cases are filed at the Juvenile Courthouse and North County Division Courthouse.
2851 Meadowlark Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
|North County Division Courthouse
325 South Melrose Drive
Visat, CA 92081
There are two types of child support orders - governmental and non-governmental.
- A non-governmental child support order is an order made in a family law case by a judge or family law commisioner where the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) is not involved.
- A governmental child support order is an order made by a child support commisioner in a case filed or enforced by the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS), a governmental agency.
Governmental Child Support
Only the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) files governmental child support actions. The DCSS is a governmental agency responsible for establishing and enforcing child support. The DCSS is not part of the Superior Court. To apply for DCSS assistance to establish paternity, child support, or medical support, please visit their website at www.sandiegochildsupport.org or call 1-866-901-3212 toll free.
If you want to file documents in response to an action filed against you by the DCSS, or in a case being enforced against you by the DCSS, and are not sure where to file, please contact the DCSS at the numbers noted above.
Non-Governmental Child Support
Custody and Visitation
Domestic Violence Restraining Order
Zip Code Directory
(If you have an existing family law case, you may go to the courthouse where that case is filed.)
Guardianship cases must be filed at the Central Courthouse.
Probate Business Office - 3rd Floor
San Diego, CA 92101