SCSD HomeClick here for COVID-19 response information.
Court Seal, Superior Court of California, County of San Diego

Civil HomeCivil Home  
ADR (Alternatives to Trial)ADR (Alternatives to Trial)  
Civil ImagingCivil Imaging  
Civil E-FilingCivil E-Filing  
JCCP CasesJCCP Cases  
Minor's CompromiseMinor's Compromise  
Schedule Ex Parte & MotionSchedule Ex Parte & Motion  
Where to FileWhere to File  
Construction Defect CasesConstruction Defect Cases  
Harassment Restraining OrderHarassment Restraining Order  
Civil Harassment Restraining Order HearingsCivil Harassment Restraining Order Hearings  
     (NOT Domestic Violence)
Limited Civil HearingsLimited Civil Hearings  
Civil Independent Calendar HearingsCivil Independent Calendar Hearings  
Unlawful Detainer HearingsUnlawful Detainer Hearings  
Small Claims HearingsSmall Claims Hearings  
Small Claims Trial De Novo HearingsSmall Claims Trial De Novo Hearings  
     (Small Claims Appeals)
Landlord / Tenant Landlord / Tenant  
Name or Gender ChangeName or Gender Change  
Small ClaimsSmall Claims  

Hall of Justice
Superior Court of California - County of San Diego: Civil
View a Case File Calendar Tentative Rulings Forms FAQs  Reserve a Civil Motion Date
Minor's Compromise

Minor's Compromise
Harassment/Restraining Order

Restraining Order

Name or Gender Change

Name or Gender Change
Small Claims

Small Claims

Civil Division
  • See the Language Access page for information about requesting an interpreter.

  • See the Court Reporter Information page for information about court reporter availability and policy for official reporters pro tem.

  • Civil courts have jurisdiction over disputes involving money, title or possession of real property, enforcing a contract, protecting one's civil rights, or seeking compensation for a civil tort. The plaintiff is the person suing; the person who is sued is the defendant.

  • Petitions to change one's name/gender, petition to change a child's name, or petitions seeking civil harassment restraining orders are also processed by the Civil Division. The petitioner is the filing party; the party answering the petition is called the respondent.

Resolve Your Dispute Without Going to Court
  • You may be able to settle your dispute without going to court. To find out more information about Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), visit our Arbitration/Mediation page or contact the National Conflict Resolution Center (formerly known as the San Diego Mediation Center) by calling (619) 238-2400 or by fax at (619) 238-8041.
Where to File Your Case or Petition
  • Find the zipcode or city name where the person or company you are suing lives or does business, or where the incident occurred. The complaint should be filed in the corresponding court location (venue).
Filing by Fax

Local Rule of Court 2.5.2 governs the filing of documents by fax.
  • Filing via a fax filing agency:  The court will accept for filing all documents submitted by fax filing agencies, except those specified in the California Rules of Court.

  • Presentation by direct fax (civil limited cases):  Any document not required to be accompanied by a payment may be filed directly by fax. The numbers for direct fax filing may be obtained by contacting the assigned business office.

The business office will not provide conformed copies unless a request is submitted to the court with a self addressed envelope stamped and a total fee for copies of the faxed document.

Pague su cargo ordenado
por la corte oprimiendo aquí

Monthly payments for fees may be submitted by credit card through the online payment system. Enter the case number exactly as printed on your Payment Notice, and your date of birth as instructed on the online payment link, by the due date. Failure to make timely payments as ordered by the court may result in a referral to a collection agency for any unpaid fees, and/or in a dismissal of your case.

Use the Judgment Calculator to calculate:

  • Daily and to-date accrued interest
  • Interest in between costs after judgment
  • Interest between payments

HelpSite MapUse/Privacy Policy

© 2020 Court Information Technology
Superior Court of California, County of San Diego