Appeals - Small Claims

Small  Claims Appeal

If you wish to appeal a small claims judgment, file your appeal with the small claims court location in which your trial was heard.  Your appeal hearing (called a "trial de novo" which means new trial) will be heard in the Civil Division of the Superior Court.  The Superior Court will notify you of the date to appear in court.
For more information visit our Small Claims page.  Additional information is also available on the California Courts Self-Help Center website.

Back to Where To File Your Appeal