|Department 46 Policies and Procedures - Honorable Lisa Schall |
Central - Main Courthouse
Revised October 5, 2014
Honorable Lisa Schall, Presiding
Department 46 Staff:
As of Nov. 5, 2012, this department will no longer be providing a court reporter on all Civil and Family Law matters.
1. Ex Parte. Ex parte appearances are scheduled Monday through Thursday, beginning at 8:30 a.m. and Fridays at 1:30 p.m., by reservation only. Papers must be filed by noon on the court day prior to the hearing, with the appropriate fee. With notice to the opposing party by 10 am the previous court day. To reserve an ex parte hearing, contact the calendar clerk at the number provided above.
2. Law and Motion. Noticed motion hearings are by reservation only. To reserve a date, contact the calendar clerk at the number provided above. Motions are normally set on Thursday or Friday afternoons.
3. Motions for Reconsideration: A party may file a motion for reconsideration seeking to modify, amend, or revoke a prior order of Judge Lisa Schall, pursuant to CCP 1008. All motions for reconsideration must be filed directly in Judge Schall’s Department. If Judge Schall is no longer assigned to the Central Division at the time the motion is to be filed, the motion must then be filed in the Presiding Department of the San Diego Superior Court ,to be reassigned.
4. Telephone Appearance. The California Rules of Court shall govern telephonic appearances.
5. Trial. Court hours for trials are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. until noon, and 1:30 until 4:15 p.m. for jury trials and until 4:30 p.m. for bench trials, unless otherwise ordered.
- Code of Civil Procedure, sections 187, 1008
- California Rules of Court, rules 10.603, 10.610
- Government Code, section 70677
- The authority referenced in this document may not include all law that is applicable to the subject.