When You Go to Court
Misdemeanors, felonies and warrants require court appearances.
If you fail to appear in Court as promised, you may be subject to arrest and taken into custody
or have an increased fine and fees assessed.
Bring the following information with you:
- Your case number
- Proper identification, which may be one of the following. Do not provide nicknames or aliases.
- Driver's license
- Social Security card
- Picture I.D.
- Copy of citation
- Courtesy Notice (appearance letter)
- Jail release papers
- Check, cash or credit card to pay for fines and fees
Where to report:
- Report directly to the courtroom to which you have been assigned.
- Report to the Clerk's Office if your name is not listed on the court calendar for the day you are scheduled to appear.
- Report to the Clerk's Office to appear in court on a non-calendared case.
For courtroom appearances, the following rules are enforced:
- Pagers and cell phones must be turned off
- Tank tops and T-shirts
- Food, drinks & gum chewing
Defendants are advised to not bring:
- Small children;
Some departments do not allow persons under 18. (If you must bring small children, a Children's Waiting Room is available)
- Additional people;
There may not be room for visitors in the courtroom