Search Court Cases On-line
The online case search is used to find basic information on a case and its location.
Information You Need to Find a Court Record Online
You can locate a case if you know:
- The name of a party associated with the case, †or
- The case number, or
- The District Attorney (DA) case number.
Be aware: Civil Limited Records may be available only for 10 years for some court locations. Juvenile cases and criminal misdemeanor cases are not included in this index. Additional information on older cases may be found on microfilm. Microfilm research is not performed by court staff; however, microfilm is available at each court location for your use. Register of Actions information is available only for Civil (including Small Claims) and Probate cases initiated on or after January 1, 2008.
Information You Receive from†the Online Case Search
If the case is filed with the San Diego Superior Court, the results will provide you with:
- Case title
- Case number (this is the number you will use to view the file)
- Case location (this is the court facility which houses the file)
- Case type
- Date filed
- Parties involved in the court case