Court Appearance Information
To appear in court on your ticket, you must check in prior to the court session you want to attend, on or before the appearance date indicated on your ticket.
Check-in hours are:
East County Division
- Monday through Friday – one morning session, check-in between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Monday through Thursday – one afternoon session at 2:00 p.m., check-in between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- There is NO afternoon session on Fridays.
Misdemeanors: Misdemeanors: Monday – Thursday - AM: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. / PM: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Afternoon session begins at 1:30 p.m.
Friday – AM 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (Warrant and Bail Bond Cases ONLY)
Make Reservations for an appointment at the Traffic Court business office by calling (619) 456-4100 or clicking here.
No reservations are available for Criminal matters at this time.
Central Division (Kearny Mesa)
Monday through Friday – one morning session, check-in between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.**
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday – one afternoon session, check-in between 10:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. **
Thursday – one afternoon session, check-in between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
** Additional afternoon session are by appointment only.
Make Reservations for day and evening sessions or appointment with the business office by calling (858) 634-1800 or clicking here. Night court appearances are available by appointment only, no walk-ins will be allowed.
North County Division
- Court Check-in times:
- Monday through Thursday: 8:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:15 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., excluding holidays
Make Reservations for an appointment with the business office or court appointments at day and evening sessions by calling (760) 201-8500 or clicking here. Night court appearances are available by appointment only, no walk-ins will be allowed.
South County Division
- Monday through Thursday – 7:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- NO afternoon session on Fridays
Make Reservations for a court appearance by clicking here. No Night Court appointments are available at this time.
Night Court for infractions only:
- Last Thursday of the month
- Check-in before 5:15 p.m.
7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri. check-in before 12:00 p.m.
*=All times above are subject to change.
**=These are court check in times when at the counter. Please account for time that will be spent in line waiting to be checked in for court by a clerk.
Request an Extension of Court Appearance Date
An extension is a postponement of the original appearance date on a citation. Some violations are not eligible for an extension.
The court may grant a one-time 30-day extension to the appearance date on eligible citations. No further extensions at the end of the 30-day period will be given.
The following options are available to request a one-time 30-day extension on or before your appearance date:
- Online: (click
to begin now).
- Automated Telephone System to Request Extension: (619-906-5888)
- Mail: Send request to the San Diego Superior Court at the address on your courtesy notice or citation.
- Fax: Fax request to the appropriate office location.
- Express Drop Box: Most locations also provide an Express Drop Box to allow you to submit your request.
- In Person: Appear at the appropriate office location during normal business hours.
- Phone: Call the appropriate office location during normal business hours.