|Department 65 Policies and Procedures - Honorable Joan M. Lewis|
Rev: March 29, 2013
Honorable Joan M. Lewis, Presiding
Department 65 Staff:
Bailiff: (619) 450-7065
Court Clerk: (619) 450-7065 (courtroom)
Calendar Clerk: (619) 450-7304- Phone hours: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
1. Ex Parte appearances are by reservation only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 8:30am and at any other times the court may designate. Reservations are to be made by contacting the Calendar Clerk at (619) 450-7304. All Ex-Parte papers and fees are due by 12 noon of the day before the hearing in the Department 65 drop box on the second floor of the Business Office. If you find that you will not be appearing after reserving your date, please contact the department to cancel the Ex-Parte.
2. Case Management Conferences are heard on Friday mornings, or at such other times as the court may designate.
3. Law and Motion hearings are held on Fridays at 8:30 a.m. or on such other days and times as the court may designate. This department follows the tentative ruling procedure of the CRC. Tentative rulings are posted on the Internet at www.sdcourt.ca.gov and are available by telephone at (619) 450-7381 by 4 p.m. the day preceding oral argument.
4. Trial Readiness Conferences are heard on Fridays at 10:00 a.m.
5. Trial Calls are held on Fridays at 9:45 a.m.
Dept. 65 - Advance Trial Review Order