Department 66 Policies and Procedures - Honorable Joel M. Pressman
Central - Hall of Justice
Rev. November 14, 2016
Honorable Joel M. Pressman, Presiding
Courtroom: (619) 450-7066
Calendar: (619) 450-7304- Phone hours: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
1. Ex Parte. Ex Parte appearances are scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 8:30 a.m., by reservation only. Papers are due by 10:00 a.m. the day prior to the hearing, with the appropriate fee. To reserve an ex parte hearing, contact the calendar clerk at the number provided above.
2. Guardian Ad Litem/Publication of Summons. Petitions for appointment of Guardian Ad Litem and applications for orders for publication of summons may be made ex parte without the necessity of an appearance. The moving papers shall be submitted for review by the court and the court may set a hearing if such hearing is deemed necessary. Guardian Ad Litem applications will not be granted ex parte unless the moving party submits a declaration showing: a) the minor is not the subject of a juvenile dependency; b) the minor is not the subject of a probate guardianship, and c) if the parents are not living together, attaching a copy of the current child custody order.
3. Law and Motion.Noticed motion hearings are by reservation only. To reserve a date, contact the calendar clerk at the number provided above. Motions are set on Fridays at 10:30 a.m. Tentative rulings are normally available after 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, one day prior to the hearing.
Discovery Motions. The court makes itself available to the parties during ex parte hours to discuss discovery disputes prior to the filing of motions to compel. Voluntary ex parte noticed conferences are encouraged in order to reach a resolution of discovery problems as an alternative to formal motions, which remain available at any time.
4. Case Management Conference. Case Management Conferences are heard on Fridays 8:30 a.m.
5. Trial Readiness Conference. Trial Readiness Conferences are heard on Fridays at 9:30 a.m. unless otherwise designated by the court. A Joint Trial Readiness Report is to be filed at the time of the hearing. Trial counsel are to be personally present.
6. Trials. Trials calls are set on Fridays at 9:00 a.m. unless otherwise designated by the court.
7. Telephonic Appearance. The California Rules of Court shall govern telephonic appearances. The Court requires personal appearances for Trial Readiness Conferences and Trial Calls.
Dept. 66 - Advance Trial Review Order
Dept. 66 - Trial Requirements
Joint Exhibit Index For Advance Trial Review Order